View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
barkl0r
EcoModding Lurker

Some very interesting posts here, folks!

On my next tyre change I am tempted to get some taller tyres from the 2nd hand place, do some rough tests.

I am also somewhat superficially considering a set of alloys as my well trims (all 3,lol) are chipped, split and tatty (I hate trims!). Again on the next tyre change I'll get on with that - I have seen sets for peanuts with reasonable tyres on em. Viable for sure.

I'm currently charting mpg and usage and can see correlations between driving style, SVO, trip distance etc... And mpg (obviously).

I must say running near straight veg drops the mpg by several mpgs. The offset easily made up by the saving.

I will publish my results and hopefully become more methodical in my approach. I might do half-tank fills as it allows for more data points, it is less weight and I can hopefully derive more meaningful data from this.

Best recorded run so far: 49.2mpg which was 60-40 veg-diesel with 1.25l of petrol.

Best unrecorded run: approx 55mpg on diesel (before my veg days) and speeds to 45mph, changing around 2k.

I don't have high hopes for this run as I thumped a curb and have done about 160 miles with a terrible alignment (new steering arm in yesterday, alignment soon). At one stage I could swear I saw the fuel needle dipping

Cheers for all the replies guys, always interested in unofficial stats and your recorded miles etc... So post away!

Mike

Personal - www.michaelbarkley.com

Veg oil, 2000 Ford Focus 1.8 Tddi.