View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
scottoriou
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from central IL..meet ecorod

So I have been lurking here for a long time and Just got a car worthy of some ecomods. I picked up a 99 saturn sc2 with a 5 speed manual that had been in a rear end collision for 800 bucks. My chevy 1500 4x4 was my daily driver prior to this car. I am in the national guard and my unit is 220 miles away. So around 500 miles of driving one weekend a month is quite costly in that truck. I have made some modifications to the car and I would like some constructive criticism as to things that could be improved. I have a WAI, fully belly pan, coroplast smooth wheel covers, fender skirts and a front air dam. the front end looks kind of goofy because of the accident it was in but I tried to button it up as best as i could. My best highway run thus far has been 47.5 mpg average over a 40 mile trip A-B-A. I am looking for a 5th gear to swap out and the Ecorod will need some new tires. Right now its got 195/60/r15 I would like to swap to some skinnys that have a higher pressure rating than 35 psi. My goal is to have a solid 50 mpg highway car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	therod.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	8397   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecorodfront2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	8398   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecorodfrontwheel.jpg
Views:	42