View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
IHateMayonnaise
EcoModding Lurker

As a lurker I have a few questions regarding the MPGuino project. First, I understand that the project is not yet "complete," but I was wondering as to what extent it is functional. To my understanding there is some working code (on page 1 of this thread), so to implement it all we should need to do is get a FreeDuino Arduino Diecimila kit as well as a 16x2 (or possibly 16x4) LCD display from the same site. Together with basic soldering skills and the know-how to implement the 4-bit Arduino LCD library as well as the accompanying code, the vast majority of this project seems to be complete (forgetting about buttons for the time being).

But how will it connect to the car? I assume not through the OBD2 port, since my understanding is that this project is geared towards people who would like to have a scanguage but do not have an OBD2 port. So how will it connect? I have an OBD2 port (and an OBD2 reader) but do not have the money for a ScanGuage. I am confident that my time and money invested in this project will pay me back after I taylor my driving habits with the instant feedback of a fuel economy guage.

Anyway, I am looking for somewhere to start. Any thoughts?