View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
JBumps
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarhighway View Post
looking good!

now that you have a nice surface to build on, you may try to add tire dams. i'd say about 5 cm from the tray down and the width of the tires and perhaps part of the suspention as well, also you could extend the front airdam sides (about 2-3 cm) in front of the tires only.

also the next step i took after doing something similar was cover the rest of the engine bay with an aluminum sheet, it turned out the subframe had square holes that where inteded for dirt cheap matal clips that could take a screw... although my car never had an undertray, it did have provisions for one, so perhaps that's worth chekking too.
Any chance you could post a rough sketch or a copied picutre of what you have in mind? I've been trolling Priuschat and Cleanmpg for the last three years of owning two Priuses/Pri/Prius and now an Escape Hybrid. My efforts in hypermiling seem to have hit a plateau and I just discovered Ecomodder in the last couple of days. The under paneling on the Escape looks like the best place to start, after witnessing the lack there of during the first oil change this past weekend.