Thread: Another Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Undie
EcoModding Lurker

Roo - '05 Subaru 2.5 RS Impreza
Another Hello

Hello all. Just came across this site and thought it was good to know there are a lot of other fuel misers out there. Some way more hard core than myself. Good to see.
I have a 2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS that I love and have been able to get decent mileage in travelling 110 km round trip every day for work. My wife works 1 km from home so I have decided that I'll be the commuter.
I am not very good at calculating precise fuel economy but doing the trip meter at fuel stops regularly I have exceeded 40mpg in the summer. I have gislaved snow/ice tires on now which are kind of crappy on fuel but I've just discovered the rad block mod so I'll try that.
I really like my car and love the AWD especially in the winter. And I seem to get as good or superior mileage than some of my co-workers in their civics etc. mostly down to driving habits.

I look forward to learning more about how to make my car better on fuel and to also make my driving habits better. Also very interested to learn about and possibly purchase the Scanguage or SuperMID that so many on here talk about.

Craig