View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Joenavy85
Making Ecomods a G thing

Angie - '08 Infiniti G35 X
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Here in Wisconsin there is no law for jay walking, if you are not in a cross walk then vehicles on the road have the right away, if you imped traffic then it's up to a $20 fine (about the same as walking on the wrong side of the street), it's to your advantage to go to a cross walk here because if there is no traffic light then you can cross as long as oncoming traffic has time to stop and they are required to stop as long as you have a food in the cross walk, I think it's a $180 or so fine for not stopping and over $200 for going around someone who is in the cross walk.
I'm not sure about other states, but i know California law used to state(not sure if it still does) that if the pedestrian crosses at an intersection that there is an "implied" crosswalk as long as he crosses from one corner to an adjacent corner(not through the middle of the intersection) and that traffic was required to yield to him if they have time to stop, but IIRC this only applied to 2 lane streets(1 in each direction)