View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
ohmycivic
Learning the ropes

Unmodding my '91 Civic DX

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My '91 nissan NX died. As a replacement I found a track-modified '91 Civic DX. Got it insanely cheap, but the problem is that it's aimed at fuel burning a lot of fuel fast rather than economy (despite weighing only 1900 lbs). I've got a list of the modifications done, but not really knowing what means what results in me being afraid to make any changes. I'm great with a wrench and can pretty much DO anything, but not knowing what to do is limiting me here. I was wondering if you guys could help me un-and-re modify this thing into a daily driver.

Here's the list I got from the seller:

Quote:
Engine not original is from a CRX SI -- no engine or tranny problems at all... Crane cams stage 2 (242@206 exh) 1500 rpm @ 7500 rpm, AEM cam gear, AEM alternator pulley Head Man header CHIKARA 4, 2, 1, Thermo Rap, 2 1/4 exh, Apexi racing muffler, cold air intake custom made, Holly fuel regulator, Hiper tech fuel pump, 16 gal fuel cel, fuel gage, (N2O) Nitrous wet system High Flow valve and blow of adapter with blow down tube, ZEX spark plugs, MSD 6AL, Two Step RPM limiter, MSD cap and rotor, Mallory coil, Accel wire set, Auto meter 5" tach with shift light, sunpro cages Oil and Air fuel mixture, Kurky's aluminum racing seat, 4 points harness, aluminum racing pedals and shift knob, B&M short shifter, Centerforce stage 4 dual friction clutch and throwout bearing, Matrix coil over strut bar front and rear, summit relocation battery kit.