View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr200 View Post
thanks guys, i agree if someone has a route where the speed limit was 45mph this bike would be most excellant. i got the gear change and it sounds to me that the 'sweet spot' sound increased to around 52mph, but i would have to agree that some aero work is needed to reduce the drag at 55 and above so i don't 'bog the engine down. since some one mentioned lean burning, at first a few experinced bike riders,at work, mentioned about how the exhaust pipe looked like it was burning mighty lean and my shop guy agreed so i called dealer got a run around and he said i would have to pay for an engine anylazing to determine, i told him 'bite me' my warrenty says he would have to pay for a new motor . so anyway with the new gearing rpms has dropped and the bike doesn't feel like its luggin on any of the slight inclines i face so i think it will be ok.
What specificaly is the observation that indacate leanness? the two crude ways to tell if an engine is running lean are a spark plug color inspection, and is the exhaust pipe exit light brown or what... as long as the spark plug is tan in color it is ok. If the plug is white in color you need to enrich the feul air mix. As beatr911 has indicated the only real way to dial in the fuel air mix is with an o2 sencer, air fuel meter. Your dealer should at least do a spark plug check. anything less is neglegent on the dealers part. pulling your spark plug and looking at its color should not take 30 minutes including all the paper work! failing that do it yourself.