View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #60 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMayonnaise View Post
so to implement it all we should need to...
We are currently calling the lcd from nkcelectronics.com the "official" lcd of the mpguino version 1 project, because we need to know the pinout and chipset to be effective in supporting it. For boards we are mainly using the the less expensive serial kit or the usb kit from nkc, depending on needs. I've just swapped in the serial board in my prototype, mainly because I want to claim the lower out of pocket cost when promoting the project, but some folks will need/want the usb board.

You do not need a LCD library, the code on the workspace has it's own LCD class that is up to date. Just download the arduino IDE from http://arduino.cc , paste the code in, hit verify, then hit "upload to board" (assuming you have built/bought a freeduino).

Connecting to the car will require the following connections (solder, tap, cut and twist, stick a pin in it, whatever you are comfortable with)
1. Ground
2. Battery +
3. an Injector lead
4. a VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) lead.

In the picture a few posts down, I will be using a blue terminal block for the other ends of the injector and vss leads and the power jack for the battery/ground.

Last edited by dcb; 05-08-2008 at 08:48 AM..