View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
KamperBob
Recreation Engineer

Black Stallion - '02 Toyota Tundra 4WD xCab

Half Pint - '06 Yamaha XT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
KamperBob,
i'll never consider going smaller with the bed.the whole reason i drive this truck is to move wood and chips etc.the larger the bed-the fewer the trips,making FE almost meaningless.by the miles driven less because i can take more at once,and all the time saved by doing so as well.since its a 100% work truck only,you know what they say time is....
truck duty first.fuel economy will always be secondary.
iv got a small car when i need to just haul myself around.
however if you have some ideas for the bed in its current state,id be interested to see some ideas.
im not going to get hardcore,like many here do.for example trying to close up gaps between trim/headlights etc.
all im looking for are the big obvious things,and a few smaller.but nothing tedious.
this truck doesn't move,unless it's to make $.however,i don't want to be like most folks,who just do nothing about aero once they setup their work trucks either.fuel costs way too much now,to do nothing.
basically,if i can gain .5 (true average) mpg from aero modding,then im a happy guy.though,if there is obvious room for improvement after that,i won't stop until most here say iv got all the big basics covered.
I hear you loud and clear. I don't start my truck without good reason. The car gets 2X, motorcycle 5X, and bicycle or walking infinitely better FE.

Requirements definitely come first. If you need every square inch of every corner of that box then you're stuck with a 100% full box that cannot be shaved anywhere. Nothing wrong with that. My point was expectations. A required big flat rear limits the good that front mods can do.

Under side work could pay dividends.

You're a man of action. I look forward to following your ongoing trials and results. Rock on!
FORDF250HDXLT (07-23-2011)