View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Joenavy85
Making Ecomods a G thing

Angie - '08 Infiniti G35 X
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
"Test" Results

Well, the belly pan got it's first real test this weekend with a trip down to Indianapolis (about 230 Miles each way). The pan is sagging a little bit now, due to the heat, as well as the fact that it's only taped together, no big deal, since when I have the free time I'll be gorilla gluing it into place. On the way down we didn't stop and averaged 37.1 MPG for the trip. On the drive back we stopped twice at rest stops(because some passengers were bad at communicating their needs), after the second stop it was a straight shot 139 miles back home,

over that last 135 miles i averaged 41.2 MPG,

which brought the tank average back up to 35 MPG

(it was low due to my mom and girlfriend running around the city while my dad and I were watching the race). This was all highway speed driving, some was using a technique I came up with, that I call Pulse & Glide Drafting. I found someone with a large trailer going a relatively constant speed and accelerated towards him and 32TPS until I was 3 seconds back, I would then drop the throttle down to 25 TPS and "glide" until I was about 7 seconds behind him. This allowed me to get some pulse and glide done, while still getting a little aero benefit from drafting, all the while maintaining a safe distance. This is the best average I've ever gotten in this car, regardless of distance covered.