View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
cleanspeed1
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman2 View Post
Now you have me thinking ~~ i am impressed good job with a sweet ride ~~ i have a 1976 Dodge B200 van ( 3/4 ton ) 318 3spd auto it has headers dual exhaust edelbrock aluminum high rise manifold and edelbrock carb ( i know its a brick ) but but like you with your olds this is my baby i like to go camping and travel some plan on retiring and seeing the country ( i hope ) someday ~~ i have a Suzuki sidekick Js 4cyl 5spd with a hard top as my daily driver runs good , good on gas a no frills ride , also have a 2011 Suzuki Equator crew cab sport truck put a leer topper on it cuts down on the drag for when i need or want a truck , sweet truck and surprisingly good on gas 6cyl 5spd auto ~~ but my van is my favorite and am trying to think of ways to better fuel economy ~~ here goes i am open to all suggestions except to get rid of it ~~ all else will go the van stays
With that 318, put an O2 bung in one of the headers and a wideband sensor and start tuning the carb. After that, an MSD6 box and coil, and start doing some timing loops. If you're not doing any serious towing, some 3.23s or 2.93s.

You know what would be cool? Figuring out how to put a A833 4 speed with OD in that thing.

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like

Last edited by cleanspeed1; 05-30-2011 at 09:06 PM..