View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #372 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
The BBC is reporting that people have asked for an investigation into prices now that the oil price has eased.
Apologies if this gets back into politics - I think it's more about human nature myself - but I can't help but note that that article says

Quote:
The FIA said the way petrol prices are currently set was "far from transparent".
Gee, you don't suppose the prices are set by people who are trying to make as much profit as possible?

Also love their way of illustrating the price increase. Is a simple X percent or Y pence/liter good enough? No, it has to be "A full tank of fuel for an average European car now costs around £10 more...", so the reader's left wondering how big the average European car's fuel tank is, and how they determined the average. I mean, did someone keep records of tank size for every car model ever sold, then compared car registrations across the whole of Europe to discover which ones were still being driven...

Oh, and can we now start the investigation into coffee price increases? The can that was about $6-7 last time I bought one was $11.99 this weekend.