View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
archat68
EcoModding Lurker

Well I built a MPGuino based on Arduino.
My car has a CRDi engine which is actually a Fiat 1.3 Multijet engine. The injectors have a impedance of 0.2 - 0.5 ohm. Also the brief functioning of the engine from the Fiat site:
Quote:
While the new Multijet engine is in operation, the control unit continually adjusts injection arrangement and number (as well as the amount of diesel injected). When coolant temperature is lower than 60°C and torque requirement is low, two small and one large injection are performed, very close together. As torque increases, the number of injections drops to two: a small one and a large one. Under conditions of high rpm and high torque demand, only one injection is performed. With coolant temperature over 60°C, things change again and to minimise emissions the injection arrangement becomes: one small, one large, one small.
So, as you guessed - it didn't work when I connected with my car .

When I was going through the service manual of the car I found that the car has a "Accelerator Pedal Position (APP)" sensor. The output voltage of the sensor varies from 0.60 to 4.30V varying according to depressed extent of accelerator pedal (see the attachment).

Can this sensor output be used in anyway in the MPGuino?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-31 20.46.50.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	8550