View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I saw this car at the Portland OR. swap meet 2 yrs. ago. Aside from the heated fuel, the rest of the car is very crude by today's standards.
I can appreciate Frank's disdain for the claims of this car, because its a typical crawling speed around a track #'s, instead of real life road driving.
The positive I gained from seeing it was the interest w copper tubing being used to heat the fuel to near flashpoint . I don't see how any of us average joe's could figure that out w/o blowing ourselves up!
I like the trike aspect, because legally, its much easier regulation wise, to manufacture and sell in the motorcycle class.
Regarding the chain drive in my climate, I would want to make an enclosed oil bath for it, or consider a belt drive.
I have always liked '55 Chevies, but its stock size and weight are a bit much for the future. My silly dream is to build a trike car; a baby '55 based on the wheelbase size of a basketcase '72 Honda AZ600 coupe I have. I would have fake light weight tire/wheels filling the rear wheelwells. The fake ones would turn as the car moves, but would be suspended slightly to legally not be touching the ground.
I would like the motor/trans to come from an '80's Honda V-twin motorcycle. It would sound almost like a Harley, and w maybe foam constructed body; maybe the completed "car" could weigh about 6-700#'s