View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #380 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Not sure I want to ask this, but is there a difference between Yorkshire tea and the regular British stuff?
Yorkshire Tea. Its a manufacturer of a blend. You can buy a decent one like Yorkshire or the sweepings from the tea blender's floor with PG Tips or Typhoo or own brand supermarket dross. English Breakfast and Scottish Blend are also generic blends of tea for different tastes and water types - hard vs soft.

We have been known to bring tea bags with us when we visit the colonies.

Quote:
(Not that I'd drink either, you understand. Japanese/Chinese tea, yes, but what the Brits do to a poor defenseless leaf is beyond description.
In simple terms, there is a British Standard (like IEEE) standard on how to make proper tea, we put it into boiling water, let it brew and then filter out the bits. I'm confused as to how this is more cruel than making chinese or japanese tea, or how indeed the coffee bean celebrates being ground up and also scolded.

Quote:
And then to cover up the crime, they'll put MILK in it!)
Its a personal preference, some people do, some don't - just like some take coffee with milk or cream and some don't.

The big debate if you do is whether the milk goes in before the tea or after. Get this wrong in front of your fiance's parents and the wedding will be off...

Anyway, at least we have proper cheeses, not just a generic nationwide brand...