View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
diesel_john
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJotheTireMan View Post
If anyone is working on a similar idea please post or contact me. Thanks
Indeed, I could see that working with a stepped up idle speed and the jeep parked, why not use the engine to make compressed air to run tools, afterall it is basically an air compressor anyways. I just have a different use for the compressed air :-)
I was thinking about using a type of reed valve on the output of the compressor cylinders to eliminate any reverse flow and to smoothen out the pulse effect of the compressor cylinders. Could even replace the valves with one way reed style valves to reduce some of the valve train friction as I will no longer have a a power stroke per se.
Keep the comments coming, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks again....JoJotheTireMan
Welcome
Where do I start?
Good technical writing job by the way.
Dido everything said so far.
Posts are a great place to get rid of those annoying inventions.
Usually if someone tells me it wouldn't work, I try it.

Probably the one of most efficient piston engines would be a slow turning, one cylinder diesel under full load 100% of the time. (diesel/electric)

Yes, IMHO, your idea will function.
In the big picture, IMHO, friction, pumping losses, etc. will eat up any possible gains. I am by no means an expert on engine cycles.

You can advance search on a user name and see all the posts a user has started.

I got your email, and what i am going to do is take out #2 & #3 pistons from a vw diesel. Take out the valve actuating buckets. Cover the oil holes in the crank with a hose clamp. Pipe the fuel from 2 & 3 to a flow measuring device and return that fuel to the tank. Use my gear shift lever a lot more. Also i am trying to figure out how run an alternator with my exhaust gas. So i can eliminate the the accessory drive belts. I don't want to hyjack your post.

Questions.
What type of fuel injection do you have?
Will the cam clear the valve stem if you take out the buckets? (or is that boo-kay)
Would an umbrella type valve seal keep oil from getting sucked down the deactivated valve stems?

Last edited by diesel_john; 05-08-2008 at 11:01 AM..