View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #56 (permalink)
nubie
MAD Modder

Interesting for sure, I know of one fellow who is cutting cylinders on purpose to make the engine sound like it is an old engine:

Finnishing Touch: Cosworth-powered Ford Model A — Autoblog

He has a new engine in an old Model A and he cuts out the cylinders to make it sound like an original Model A engine is still inside.

I don't understand how you plan to handle the fuel loop with an oxygen sensor, I assume you would need to provide a "virtual 02 sensor" signal to the original computer and attempt to keep the cylinders at the correct ratio.

It just seems as though the OEM's have tried this already, unless the patents were granted in the 1960's.

Don't forget that the OEM's have direct injection where they atomize fuel in the center of the combustion chamber and ignite it very lean with a layer of air insulating the combustion chamber from the lean burn.

I am afraid you are sounding like a snake-oil salesman, either you have solutions or you have thought of solutions. If it is as simple as you say, either provide a product or share your knowledge with the modders here so we can build our own. I think this thread has been de-railed enough, it is about using extra pistons to boost the volumetric efficiency of pistons still using a normal combustion cycle.

I am of the opinion that putting a production engine with cylinder deactivation or a smaller engine with a conventional supercharging device (such as a Turbo, roots or centrifugal) is a better way to spend your personal time and money at this time. This time being before you have an actual product for purchase and are just yanking everyone's chain.

/done feeding the troll