View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #221 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRABill View Post
I like to call the LIE on a weekend Hell on earth or just Long Island in general. Then again there are no roads you can do a steady speed on in a 50 mile radius of that area.
Oooh- maybe that's why my mileage was so high. On LI I got up to 30 and coasted to the next stop sign. All day long. Wheee. On the way out I saw NYPD had a car pulled over on the LIE. Is speeding really what NYPD has to focus on?

Mass was cute. We were driving through the rain on the Pike when my wife's Xoom beeped. She pulled it out and said there was a tornado warning for our location (sometimes being tracked is good). We pulled over and checked the current radar picture. Now, most other times when I've said "if we gun it, we'll probably make it," things didn't work out so well. It worked fine that day, driving into the storm and turning onto 84 before the second storm got there. Then we got to drive through the spot where the first set had crossed 84. Around Manchester my wife said I could slow down and fuel economy picked up once more. It burned a little extra gas, but you've got to be alive for the whole tankful if you want it to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%