View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

need crx tire advice

I have an '87 CRX. I have 175/70/13's now. I've read older post on here talking about Insight 15" wheels and taller tires.

I've owned my car 4/5 yrs., and have been quite frustrated that I'm turning 2,200-2,300 rpms at a mere 50mph. I heard the talk about taller tires changing that down to about 1,700 or so. I would love to see that.!! I don't have the scratch for high dollar LR tires, or buying even used 15 inch wheels right now. I wish I h

ad the diff. ratio of the original '84 1.3 !!!

Right now I need at least 2 better tires to even be safe. 2 are good.

My thought was to go to goodwill, buy a bathroom scale to buy light tires. Maybe I can trade off my 2 good 175/70's to help me get a better price on 4 used .. I want taller... so do I want 155/80's, 155/85's??? I'm willing to go skinny for a better CD, but what's the best height aspect for my stock rims??

If I'm staying w a 13inch every thing, is that difference going down to my dream 1,700 at mph. still possible, or is that rpm change only possible w like a 15 inch story?????

I can only go dirt cheap right now. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to pick a size common enough to be easily found used anywhere! Thanks!!!