View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
If I am alone at the intersection I slow down to just barely rolling ("That was not a complete stop. I saw that the horizon was still moving" as my wife's driving instructor said). But if there is someone else I will often stop, even if I could roll while letting him pass, just so he knows that I see him and give him the right-of-way.

This talk about lurking police, etc., reminds me of a commercial that our TV ran just before New Year 1999/2000: It's the middle of the night, a couple is coming home from a new year's party, an intersection in the middle of nowhere, all 4 directions have a red light, no-one else in sight. The driver waits, waits, waits, finally decides to slowly pass the red light. As soon as he clears the intersection a policeman jumps out from behind a bush with a wide grin on his face. Then a voice says something like: "Not everything may be working when you wake up in Y2k, but you can be sure that our company's telecom services will be just fine."

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread