View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I don't have an SI for sure!! Definitely have carb, my air cleaner cover is black, but I do have a fact tach, but no badging on the car.
I think they only badged w the 1.5 script the first couple of years.

The info that I've gotten so far is that the original early '84 1.3 CRX has a diff. ratio in the 'hood of 3.50-3.55 or so. The rest of the regular 1.5's I've heard were around 4.11 ???

I have some info that the 1.3 had a 4spd., not a 5; therefore I couldn't swap it in unless I only wanted a 4spd.

Then I wonder about garden variety Civic's all through the mid 80's that I think were 1.3's w 5 spds. That sounds perfect IF it had the mid-3's ratio.

I realize it was only that early 1.3 CRX that had the special alternator that was supposed to help achieve it's highway rating at about 67mpg.

I do have a sun/moon roof... can't tell if it's factory or not... in my climate I wish it wasn't there... it started leaking, and I sealed it shut ok, but it's still a slight CD blem even when closed!

I do have plastic front fenders instead of steel if that helps explain anything!!

It's like I have just enough knowledge about it to stay confused!!

I really appreciate the tire help. There's part of me that wants to go straight to a 155 for a better CD print, but a fraction of still wants the 70 aspect for looks, and my 1% of the time canyon racing by myself...which I would only PUSH a little in the dry only anyway!!! I'll have to sleep on this issue!!!!

Thank you everyone! Right now, I don't drive enough to justify a trans. swap!