View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
ghostwalker
EcoModding Lurker

ghost's gocart - '97 honda civic cx
Wow it's even in one off my brands (ford and honda). Even though it is a metro ripoff it's nice to see ford working on mileage and I could see the turbo making it more drive-able for the average joe. Borrowing seems to be going around lately I saw a nissan with the exact same specs as my CX.

hmmm.....crate motor . That could be really sweet.

California98 there is a place where you can manufacture your own car I saw it in a Top Gear article. They fab the chassis and use off the shelf components from common vehicles. It's sort of like a kit car but not one. Now if only I could remember the name of it (read it like 6 months ago ).

If you have high speed check this out

Hulu - NOVA: Car of the Future - Watch the full episode now.

My favorite american car manufacturer quote from the show was "Americans will buy the most horsepower they can afford." Shows how they market and how most people buy. Personally I would love to see a 1.0 turbo diesel here I guess I'm not a typical american .

I was having a conversation at work with my boss. He brought up this engine and was talking about hybrids. I said to him "okay you go out and buy a brand new $30,000 hybrid. How long will it take you to save $27,000 with the reduced fuel costs?" His answer was "what do you mean?" "My CX with purchase price ($2250) and all repairs will be under $3000. Oh wait yours will be more then that I forgot about the interest on the loan. Of course yours will brand new and have no wear on it. Then again mine looks pretty damn good for it's age most people are surprised when I tell them it's a '97." -cheers GW