View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
I spent a lot of time hanging out under the truck yesterday while I was mounting the Cumaru (Brazilian Teak) running boards. It would be very, very easy for me to do a full belly pan! That running board is the right height, about the same as the frame and cross members.
I could get at least back to the rear differential with one.
If I pan the truck, does that mean I can omit a front air dam, if I get it all brought together smoothly?

Hope you'll continue with these thoughts.

Sure do like that truck bed. The CM brand is popular here in South Texas among oilfield hotshot truck owners, and I've long admired the all-aluminum beds by Alum-Line. Don't often see aero work on this type, but some designs better than others.

Is there a link to a thread elsewhere about the truck rear suspension.

Is that trailer running AL-KO axles? If original they are possibly/likely past due for replacement. A friend recently spec'd heavier axles than stock on his 34' aero aluminum 1990 conventional AVION as the original configuration was no longer available and other brands may not be up to the task. I don't recall if he also went to taller tires/wheels, but he did indicate an slight increase in ride height (the thought of all this being that some other dimensions may change if axles/wheels changed).

DODGE & AVION: great combo.

Last edited by slowmover; 06-11-2011 at 10:03 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
skyking (06-11-2011)