View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
actwithclarity
Underground Man

Lil Blue - '91 Geo Metro
90 day: 52.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
Mine is actually CERTIFIED Green!
I knew there must be a nut to buy everything, otherwise these products wouldn't survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I buy wind power and sure it kills birds, but a wind turbine kills on average a bird per year...
Ok ok you're right. They kill a handful of birds, a handful of bats, but their effects on those are relatively small compared with all our other activities. I wonder what else they kill that we don't notice or isn't sensational enough to get in the news.

Other effects: pollution created to build windmills, land pollution (% of surface area taken), noise pollution. With enough windmills local and perhaps global climate patterns would be altered.

All the effects of windmills aren't immediately noticeable or deemed significant enough by us to us at this point. But calling them "eco-friendly" is a fallacy. Calling them "green" is a marketing strategy that is not surprisingly growing popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I've also checked in to the batteries that I use along with a number of other brands of batteries out there and at least my lead acid batteries are pretty safe
That's a new one.