View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:11 AM   #43 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actwithclarity View Post
When I'm on my bike I will run red lights when no traffic around or sometimes with light traffic stopped at the light. Pretty hard to get caught on a bike as long as you don't see any cops around.
I've seen too many incidents of near misses and sometimes even no misses because bikes decide to run the lights and then its "I didn't see the pedestrian...". The most recent was a bike going the wrong way down a one-way street so the pedestrian wasn't even looking in that direction - why should they ?

Quite rightly is a car knocks down a child who has run out, the driver's behaviour is checked - drink, drugs, speed etc. It seems in a lot of cases bikers seem to assume they can just get away with it.

In some cities in the UK the Police have now started using bikes and catching / prosecuting bikes for running lights, and riding on pavements or the wrong way down one way streets - you know, stuff bikers think they should get away with too.

I'm not anti biker just anti bad biker, the same as anti bad driver or bad pedestrian - like the one with an iPod who nearly went for a ride on my bonnet this morning.