View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
twelvevoltman
EcoModding Lurker

The Old Girl - '90 Acura Integra GS
Team Honda
90 day: 38.95 mpg (US)
Thumbs up

Hey, we have different engines and gear ratios in our Integras. The tranny in my 90 Integra has longer 1st & 2nd gear ratios than your GSR tranny. Our final drives are the same, 4.40. So, with you staying out of Vtec, we should get about the same highway mileage. In the city your lower gears will cause you to consume more fuel. You will want to work on lightening the weight of your car. Don't haul around unnecessary items. Keep your tires aired up, I keep mine within 10% of the Max inflation pressure. Try not to shift too soon and bog the engine down. Make sure the engine is running in its optimum state. Work with the basics, plugs, wires, valve adjustment, timing, air filter, and oxygen sensor. I have found that an incorrect valve adjustment will cause a major change in fuel mileage. I use NGK plugs and wires. NTK oxygen sensors. AEM cold air intake with a K&N filter thats kept clean. I also have a cheap header and a full cat back exhaust. I now use Synthetic oil and have 239,000 miles on the car. PM me again if you have anymore ??'s