View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Driving Impressions

Hi,

Is there a space or a possibility for a space for road tests by ecomodders of vehicles with good FE ? This may be a test of a new car, a used car, or a hire car you wouldn't normally drive and so on. I'm also thinking something like a a short review possibly based on some standard headings e.g. :

What is it ?
What kind of car, size, engine and trans options, prices new or used, age, would suit (e.g. families, people who tow, people who don't tow etc.)

Stats
Official FE, and maybe some links to others who have done better or worse

Driving
Brief 2-4 paras on what you did - e.g. a quick run round the block vs a run up the highway, impressions, noise levels, comfort, etc.

Misc
Did you buy it yes, no, why ?

My thought is that there are loads of sites which do this kind of things, fans of Honda or VW or BMW or Toyota or etc etc. But perhaps not a site where FE is the main issue under discussion.

This idea is not fully formulated but I'm also wondering if it could be incorporated into the blog element of the site in some way, perhaps under the control of the mods. The blog has not been updated in a while and the 2nd birthday post is still there - from 2009 I know the site 'owners' have other lives so maybe this is a way of putting some new life into that part.