View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Does anyone use a Slick additive to oil?

I have literally used Slick 50 in a '92 Dakota I bought new to use as a 300+ile a day/5 days a week courier vehicle. I think it helped a lot, but it wasn't cheap enough to overuse!
If I remember right, I think I REFRESHED about every 3 months or so.
Do any of you have a helping tradition like this toward your rides?

About 3-4 yrs. ago, a friend turned me to Molybdenum disulfide which is in a powder (super fine 1.5 microns) I buy it in a plastic bag inside of a sealed 1# mini plastic bucket.
I use about a teaspoon an oil change. For 1 veh., this should last a few yrs. for under $50.00.

I just pour my teaspoon into a plastic cup, and little by little I add the fresh oil, and stir, pour into eng., repeat, and repeat. You can feel how slick this stuff is! A little goes a long ways!

The same friend said I could use same in manual trans/diff./and even wheel bearings, but I haven't been brave enough to try that yet!

The thing that I hope that its working the best at; is the dreaded COLD START engine wear! I feel like it has worked well in my '87 CRX.

If interested, this can be ordered from Rose Mill Co. - chemicals lubricants processing.

They are located at E. Hartford, CT.

WARNING!!!!...........For those you do not know; don't put this in your motorcycle/scooter, because the same oil is shared w the trans., and the loss of NEEDED friction will cause you to SLIP!