View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #153 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Got everything worked out, ended up w/ $150 refund. Bought the strut mounts I needed for $40, got the car inspected, $28.

I'll upload a pic either tonite or tomorrow, it's sitting about 5.5 inches off the ground right now. I'll probably lift it up about another inch in the front and 2.5 inches in the rear. It's STIFF. The way I like it.

Apparently, when Wal-Mart did the rear tires, they put them at 35... and lowered the front tires to TWENTY FIVE?!?!?!? What the hell... I guess I start checking before I leave there again... That's just dangerous.

They're all at 50psi now.

Found some rust and random fix-it spots under the car, as well as near the front and rear upper suspension mounts. Unfortunately, this body may not be worth saving if I can get a cleaner one, or swap the motor into something else.

I'm soon going to start working on the other motor, after we get settled in another home. Want to get it rebuilt and lower the compression slightly, and put that TE04H turbo on it, no more than 1 bar boost. At first, probably 3-4 PSI with no intercooler.

Should be getting the full exhaust finished pretty soon, as well. That's going out the passenger side, full 2.25" pipe with 30-36" glass pack straight muffler.

Like I said, if that's too loud, I'll put a silencer in it.