View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Got any price goals? I'm thinking of a similar project for a friend...but with the 88-91 era in order to swap a d15z1 in,
Well goals yes as Aero as i can get it.. and done fairly inexpensively, the car only cost $950.. I want to build the new nose and tail from foam insulation and then sculpt it to the perfect shapes and then fiber glass over it to make it durable..

I'M totally open to suggestions however.. as I'm totally new to this Aero stuff.. but plan many mods like what the Eurocivic has done.. full nose tail wheel skirts, side skirts etc..

The only bad thing is its carbed so I cant computer monitor the fuel consumption.. Ill probably be vacuum gauge for instrumentation..

However i wonder if having a carb. could add some benefits to getting better MPG.

At first i thought it was fuel injected as when i started it for the test drive it was cold and it high idled and idled down just like a FI car.. almost had me fooled till i opened the air cleaner to look for blow by etc...

I kind of want to prove that a 80mpg car isnt rocket science nor for rich people only .. foam and fiber glass are dirt cheap