View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
joshuachance
EcoModding Lurker

@ChazInMT

Interesting that there is an 'aero template'.

Thanks for the pics with it already averlayed on a metro (even the right body for my year).

Where does this template come from? It has been hard for me to find the more 'meat and potatoes' reseach on things like laminar flow (wich it looks like is the intention here). Granted, my own contributions so far are mearly like a garnish or salad dressing... ha ha, I love analogies...

But seriously... um, I have thought about a larger plate in the very back, so that these arches are not as dramatic on my car. Actually I increased the plate already on my 2011 version a little. Only about 2 inches on both the height and width of the back plate. Not much...

It is difficult, i'm sure for many, to want to stray away from something shorter and eventually end up with a compact car longer than a small bus.

Also, anything about the trailing edge mods to sever that laminar flow without creating so much vacuum?

Mostly, any citation to some good research on this 'aero template' would be great!
Also, what are the reasons for keeping the lower portion of the template so close to the ground? Is that due to the benefits of a lower profile to help eliminate the turbid flow from all the landscape underneith the vehicle?

Yet another relm for me to think about now. Ha ha, I love it!

Thanks again,
JoshuaChance