View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
I have to agree with Metro, an Insight with no battery assist is still decent to drive. I was a little disappointed to find that the battery was done in mine, though for what I paid for the car, what could I have bought that was even close to it? A sort of rusty CRX would have cost me more, and wouldn't be as fun. The build quality on these cars is impressive, mine has a lot of KMs on it but hardly a squeak or a rattle out of it. The steering is fun, and it's just plain comfortable. Now I wouldn't take it on a long trip through the mountains without the assist, but I think I will keep it as my daily driver for the summer at least. The super hot coug - I mean nice lady that lives in my building saw it and said it was cool and she loved it. Honestly that was reason enough to drive it right there ha ha.

Until I get the input shaft bearing sorted out on the other twin, I won't be able to drive it and see how the battery pack is in it. So for now, I think I will try to make this one as driveable as possible the way it is. Without the assist I find there is a flat spot once you just get moving from a stop, that will be the first thing I try to sort out. The return spring on the accelerator on mine seems awful stiff, it's probably meant to be that way, but even softening that up would help push past that flat spot I think.