View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #546 (permalink)
Simy
EcoModding Lurker

Hello everybody,

I'd like to start building the control board if its design is static so far, or is it likely to change? I really want to get started tinkering, not sure how much help I can be but I've got solder and a soldering iron. =) I'm so so with code but I can sometimes program things.

I plan on getting or making/adapting a cheap 3 phase motor (preferably a small one) to test with and get it to work in FOC mode. I also will need something to drive the motor when I go shopping for one. =)

I plan on slowly saving up/building/making parts that I will need to most likely convert a small sedan. Its going to take me awhile though. My commute is only 12mi round trip so batteries with lithium should only be about $1-2k to be able to make it to and from work. Since the controller is one of the most expensive parts I plan on attacking that first. I figure I can shop for some IGBT's on ebay, or just wait until I can find a good deal. I'm impatient but my budget wont let me rush things

So if the control section isnt going to change could I get a parts list and or PCB layout =) I'll be your best friend.

Also is the control board specific to IGBT, or is it the same control board (plus or minus a computer of things) with mosfets?

Keep up the great work, about 2-3 years ago I was going to make a controller but kept getting bogged down with other responsibilities. This time though I've got a reasonable budget (half a shoe string is reasonable right?) and time to see it through.... If things don't change...