View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #72 (permalink)
cleanspeed1
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0sitmatr View Post
what about Ford having 2.3L ecodiesels in other countries that see upwards of 40mpg stock ?
most irritating of all is the Venezuelan model, which by all reports has some of the cheapest gas prices around the globe... people in that country can fill up 3 times to our 1 and still save money at the pump, they dont need a truck that gets 40mpg, yet that is what they are getting.
I think that the American culture is leaning towards demanding things like that be brought to our country.
I know that if they offered a small/midsized truck that had an avg of 40mpg from the factory, Id be 1 of the first in line for it
Testify!

I started hunting for the pieces to drop a MWM Sprint into a Suburban, like a Canadian gentleman did, and I can't find a Sprint motor on this side of the border. This is an all factory setup available in South America; no cutting or madness, just bolt it in and go. They've had this combo for years from GM and Ford. 180hp and near 350 ft/lbs of torque, but will do 30+ mpg when driven right in a half ton truck with no special driving technique.

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like