View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #275 (permalink)
endurance
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
I should have done this a while ago. I've been having a low end hesitation at light throttle (25-60 LOD) below 2k rpm. I suspected it was more dirty injectors than anything and what do you know, a can of BG-44k and it's gone. D'oh!

Well, with that hesitation went my disappointing mpg I've been having all spring and early summer. Just set a new personal best in the Acura, 41.87 mpg on a 445.4 mile tank of just your average commuting and errands. Also used Shell gasoline. I've never been a believer that one gas was better than any other, but in this case this is the fourth time I've used Shell since I started keeping records in October and three of those tanks were record setters. Guess I can't complain about results, so I think I'm a convert. Heck, I can also use my supermarket card and save $0.10/gallon there, too.

In any case, I didn't exactly shatter my previous best of 41.4, but that was a tank with a lot of highway miles. I suspect that if I actually got out on the highway now, I might just have a shot at 44+. Might be time for a road trip!