View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
raddevon
EcoModding Lurker

The sedan of rad - '01 Honda Accord LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Welcome to the community. Is it an automatic or manual? When you get time put your car in the garage, It's an excellent way to track how different thing affect your mileage. If you can afford to get a Scan Gauge it will really help. Driving techniques is the biggest improvement you can make. Look forward to your progress.
It is an automatic. That brings me to a question I have after going through all of the tips last night. This statement scared me a little:
Quote:
most vehicles with automatic transmissions are not designed to travel with the engine shut off; the transmission may be damaged).
Does anyone know if this applies to my 2001 Accord? I have been using this technique a little bit and haven't noticed any adverse effects, but I'm a bit scared to continue.

I will add it to the garage right now. I have also been tracking it at mymileagemarker.com.

That computer looks awesome. Everything I have read about hypermiling has said the best thing you can do is to get one of these so that you are aware immediately of the impact of certain techniques on your mileage. I think one may be in my future. Thanks for the link!