View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Simy
EcoModding Lurker

Provided you can find a place for all your batteries I think the CRX is the lightest in your list. IIRC My 89 DX was like 1,800 lbs curb weight.

What are your requirements, goals and preferences? You can convert almost anything to electric provided you have the will and budget to do so. I would start with your goals and requirements first.

Mine for example are it has to be big enough for two adults comfortable, a dog, and shopping bags, and ideally a 4 door.
My goals are a range of at least 20 miles, expandable in the future to 50+. 50MPH speed capable now, expandable to freeway speed.

With those goals any vehicle large enough is fine from a big old bus, to a little Saturn SL2. I'm leaning towards the Saturn because of its aesthetics, and price point and local availability.

I would prefer it have a running motor, be a manual, and I won't buy it without power windows, kudos for a sunroof. Under $1,000. I can afford more but I choose not too.

I need the car to work as is for about 6-12 months from the look of cash flow, and I don't plan to do much more then keep it on the road in the meantime. It all comes down to requirements/goals/preferences.