View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #557 (permalink)
Simy
EcoModding Lurker

Paul I don't know if you've seen the thread I've started but I'm trying to take all the projects and minimize the redundant sensors/components and tie them together, I'm not sure how much money it will save but it can help them all work together, and maybe allow for advanced features so far not thought of.

Anyway I'm starting to realize that if your controller is more or less universal (Minus SW changes) as far as motor type if there is room and time in the chip/code it is best done on the your chip/board. If your not already leaning this way yourself could you let me know if it has room and outputs available?

Also as a safety and as an efficiency check I was planning to add an ammeter to the output however it can be AC or DC. I don't think it is needed in AC at all, but I would like to be able to find out how much power the motor is using and how much the batteries are withdrawing (hopefully if a high voltage arc happens it can be detected this way some how) I was also thinking if a IGBT or MOSFET gets stuck open (In AC or DC mode) it can be detected as well before it kills the wiring in the motor, and shut off with a relay. Is the regen IGBT the same as the IGBT power out? Is there some way I can tell which mode it is in via a signal?

I just orderd a pickit 3 and some parts to play with so I can get used to how PIC's work. I cant wait till it gets here.. =)