View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #354 (permalink)
Freyguy
EV Builder

Version 1.4 release

OK guys, version 1.4 is ready for release. Fixes/additions in this revision:
- write capacity to EEPROM immediately after SOC reset
- skip capacity write to EEPROM if battery amps less than 2 (thereby avoids write corruption during poweroff)
- change fuel gauge PWM frequency from 1.95kHz to 488Hz
- stop fuel gauge PWM duty cycle adjustment for SOC less than 20%
- add peukert bypass mode for effective 1.0

Along with this I also revised the PCB and schematic to replace R9 with potentiometer VR3. This allows fine tuning of the pack voltage in hardware (as Jackbauer did). BOM is updated to include this pot. It’s a smaller 12 turn 6mm size (only way it would fit!)
I already sent the gerber files to Ianbartie so anyone ordering from him will get this latest change.
The documentation for assembly, firmware config, users manual are now consolidated into one convenient pdf. I also included a 1.4 version of firmware based on a custom done for Ian. This is specific to the PIC18F2420 and uses the second PWM port for outputting battery amps on Terminal block 2 position 5 (formerly CANH) . This requires a jumper from U8 pad 4 to pad 7 (U8 not installed). What is output is a logic level PWM signal. An external RC circuit with op-amp buffer will be required to convert this to a voltage level. Battery amp range for this PWM2 can be scaled with parameter “fAmpscale”.

I’ll get these files to sawickm for upload to the wiki tomorrow.

At this point I’d like to bow out. With other commitments I really can’t continue support here. There are some really sharp guys on ecomodder familiar with this board who I’m sure can offer suggestions or changes to the firmware(harlequin2, jackbauer, ianbartie, apowers). For anyone using Protel or Altium who would want to revise schematic & layout, I could email the PCB design files.
Happy Ev’ing

-Chris
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freyguy For This Useful Post:
apowers (07-11-2011), mora (07-11-2011), sawickm (07-13-2011)