View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
phunky.buddha
Blow stuff up

S2000 - '03 Honda S2000
Team Honda
90 day: 24.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
The block was decked and the head milled.How much, I don't know.But it is much stronger than the identical car I got my wife.More torque down low and throughout the range.It has also closed a few sparkplugs...which I guess was caused by carbon pieces.But the wife's car has never done this.
The difference is not subtle.
Hmm... you must have a LOT of carbon buildup to get a compression increase that noticeable- especially if you're closing your spark plug gaps. Honestly, I'd get that looked into. If you have that much buildup, something's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cistercian View Post
Also, regarding tire size, apparently EX could come with either size.The speedometer is more accurate with the 65 series.I ran 60 series before.If the insight wheels clear my brakes, and if I could get them very cheaply, They would be nice if my current tires fit.Forgive my somewhat scattered replies...I am enjoying a raging tooth abscess and equally unpleasant antibiotic.And the pain meds made me hallucinate...so no pain relief.
I have to research offset on that wheel too.As the cars age, maybe I can find used wheels cheap...but based on my searching so far, I doubt it.
Totally understand the tooth pain. The 92-95 EX came from the factory with 185/60-14 tires; the 96-00 EX came with 185/65-14. Honda did always calibrate their speedometers conservatively though- the 5th gen Civics would show 60mph when the car was moving at 57mph. Your taller 185/65 would defnitely make the speedometer read more accurately, but it's not the size that came on the car.

Your stock wheels are +45mm offset. The Insight wheels should be the same.