View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
pletby
Red Light Avoider

My Civic - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46 mpg (US)
You are right Bill! Good job spotting that little feller. What do you win? hrm... I hadn't thought of that...

Wait...

Recognition!!! Bill in Houston's got the best eye on Ecomodder!

Yeah, it's in km/h. Little guy couldn't do over 150km/hr though, and that was with me plastering myself onto the tank and helmet in the instrument cluster, elbows down on each side of tank. The '85 GS1150EF did 230 km/hr on my secret test track(10 miles of highway never used except by me). Being air/oil cooled it smelled funny after. I only maxed it out once and was happy I lived. That was only one of many crazy moments on that bike.(like sliding sideways around a highway exit ramp dirt track style at 100km/h in the rain) How did we survive the dumb things we did through our teens and early 20's?

As a side note, I just took a major hit in the pocketbook and any purchases for my electric conversion will likely be in the fall when I go full time at my job. I had to do a complete front suspension rebuild on 'The Car' and though I did the work myself (because a shop was out of reach financially) it still cut into my spare cash right to the bone.