View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #184 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
...OK, I was surprised by this tank, too. It's hard to tell what exactly gave me such good milage:
  • Driving slightly slower than usual (70-80 instead of 80-85)?
  • Perfecting my driving style better timed glides, and looking for the best way to pulse?
  • 10-15km of engine off coasting, aout twice as much as in previous tanks?
  • Just pure luck?
Hmmm, "George" (aka "Wake me up before you Aygo go") will be chasing Svietlana for EPA+ mileage I hope quite soon. As for your latest tank I think a combination of warm(er) weather and weight - no really.

For you only using Svietlana on longer journeys I think the weight actually pays off in coasting. For me with my 80% urban driving weight is a penalty, hence George may be better for me but not for you - as long as his tyres are fully inflated.

I did a trip in Mrs A's Octavia the other week after I pumped the tyres to 45 and got a 73.7 (imp) average MPG which seemed damn good. Most of it was spent coasting though the weight carrying me further than ever. MO (Mrs A's Octavia) has climate control so the AC is on most of the time, as are bum warmers - don't ask...

I suspect a Kilo-kilo tank (620 miles) with George may be a worthwhile initial target though as the Aygo tank is smaller than Helga's. Looks like I may be taking a solo (as in only me, not the family) trip down south this weekend so I will get to find out I suppose.

But I think Svietlana has some more to give. Is there a 6sp box you can fit ?

I am planning a Video intro for George but with this weekend's unexpected trip coming up then it may be with a couple of fill-ups to record

I may also be doing the "racing engine breaking in" routine...