View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A guy in a white Aygo tried to hit me when...

...Could that engine be related to your's, by any chance?

Can the rear seat be removed? ...
Wasn't me thankfully, although he is quiet enough not to be noticed.

I don't think the 3cyl Corsa motor is related to this one, this is 75% of the Yaris 1.3 VVT unit AFAIK. When the Aygo was launched it was billed as the lightest production car petrol engine in the world - probably beaten now by the Tata Nano ?

I have looked at the rear seat for removal but we have had only 1 car since George arrived so I have had to keep it in. I have to say on a trial folding it weighs about as much as a tissue.

Each passenger seems to make more of a difference than anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
...Clutch failure after 18000 miles (happened on one car, and replaced under warrenty with no further issues)

2. Brakes not being fully operational- again fixed under warrenty. They must have been bad if they were not pulling up something ths light properly..
From research the original clutch was undersized even for this car so they failed randomly, some people could get a full 5 years life no issue, and some would go in very few miles.

The current model uses the Yaris one which is larger - seem to be OK. The uprated replacement was just one from a bigger car. There is a "procedure" for testing and/or adjusting it posted as a sticky on the City Bug forum

But even if it does go, £170 for a replacement compared to £1k+ for a VW TDI with a DMF...

Light is the word - I could steer more easily with the engine off as well as on when rolling down the drive Haven't seen anything on the brakes yet but will keep an eye on it - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
Be interesting to see a cost comparison between What it'd have cost to continue to run Helga (insurance/tax/fuel/servicing/MOT) vs the cost of running the new car (Insurance/tax/Fuel/Servicing/repayments)

To see how long it take for you to be in the clear..may be worth including depreciation?

I know you're an IT type fella, so your 1337 skillz in excel should make that easily doable!
I really really really really really really, no really really hate Excel - the world's favourite database...

I will look into that but will need to get an idea on FE first. FE so far on the SG is, er, random. The commute into work this morning was ~45, I have had higher and lower in Helga. The trip to Morrisons last night had an average of 70 MPG, Helga was hardly ever over 55, but usually over 50.

One issue so far - George doesn't like hills much compared to Helga, so I need to start to respect WOT as an economy device instead of holding a part throttle position like I was this morning. In a Diesel this is full fuel delivery = bad. In a petrol it just removes the restriction = potentially good.

And now Mrs A's Prius has arrived - we need to study the 1000 page manual to get the best from it. First impressions are mixed - the HUD is useless for short people, even after adjustment, I am told - but the hands free kits is superb...