View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 14
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 wheels done. I cant finish off all 4 untill I buy some new caps (1 went missing). The t shirt idea (not mine) give a good finish but I found it was weak in the gaps where the hubcap had gaps behind. Today I cut out some fibreglass sheet to fit these holes and fibreglassed the sheets on the rear of the cap. This has certainly made the whole thing a lot stronger.

I have also cut out a hole on each cap where the valve is, this allows me to remove the rubber gromit that will fit into the hole to access the vv for inflation or to monitor my pressure guards. I can now zip tie the caps in place for security.

Overall im more than happy with the end result.
  Reply With Quote