View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Andale
EcoModding Lurker

truck cap too tall / remove gap / material? [several photos]

As you can see my cap sticks up a bit (and off the back but that is mentioned later) and I honestly would like to raise it up and make it a bit taller. I have two ideas, (1) is to just raise it (and fill the gap, that is the next section) and (2) is to raise the rear only by cutting a wedge to make it tall at the back end and giving me a bit of downforce BUT this makes the rear window kinda weird.

Next!

I need to cut down the length of this cap as it is from a longbed S10. I was thinking about using some type of foam or rubber and was also trying to decide on whether I should put it between the existing front of the cap and back of the cab or getting a flat material that will last and fit/glue across the gap. The problem is that the cap has a solid window and my truck has a slider, which I use a lot since I don't care to use the A/C. I also need to cut so many inches off the truck that the windows make it where I have to cut front AND back and move them. I was thinking if I could find something thick I could tack to the back of the cab and push the cap's sharp edge into then that would be easiest.