Thread: crazy idea ?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I was at the Portland Historic Races a week ago, and spotted a displayed Crosley roadster with the OEM body less bumpers.

He had 12" tires so skinny, you probably could buy replacements as trailer tires at any Walmart! (lol!)

He had "slotted" his stock wheels at a dangerous to the eye level. Visualize the appearance of a typical 60's American car's cowl drainage slots as an example; and you have a rough idea.

I spoke briefly w the owner, and he claimed the total weight was 850#.

My idea for the 673 V-twin has a lot to do with sound image as much as mpg.
I'm picturing a baby '55 Chevy w maybe a modern alum. frame mimicing the Honda coupe wheelbase. The quasi Harley sound nearly fits the V-8 image.

If an extreme light foam type body were used, plus the Silverwing's shaft drive; I think it would be a fun project.

It would be so light, one could push it backwards easily if needed.

Granted I have a vivid imagination, but a bike/car with a roof here in rainy land w a unique touch is the stuff dreams are meant for!

An earlier 500cc Silverwing eng. could be downsized in cc's; still make the same sounds, and perhaps gain better mpg's that way as long as car weight is very low!

My idea is to make smaller cars more appealing by having classic looks w micro weight!