View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
low&slow
Master EcoModder

l&s' Jag - '00 Jaguar S-Type SE
90 day: 25.86 mpg (US)

l&s' Vision - '82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
90 day: 59.92 mpg (US)

L&S' Greenaero Ninja 250 - '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F Ninja 250R
90 day: 97.24 mpg (US)

SilverAero Ninja 250 - '04 Kawasaki EX250 Ninja
90 day: 88.24 mpg (US)
Vetter Challenge at Mid-Ohio , July 22

On 9 AM Friday morning, July 22, 2011: Vetter Fuel Economy Challengers will depart from the Mid- Ohio racetrack to see who can meet the Vetter goals of 100mpg at speeds of up to 70 mph into a 30 mph headwind with the ability to carry 4 bags of groceries while keeping up with the pace of the group.

Craig asked me to post on the upcoming Vetter Challenge in Ohio: Craig Vetter, Alan Smith, Treven Baker and Fred Baker will be there as well as other superstar competitors with electric , diesel and gasoline powered motorcycles. Jack Macormick will be driving his diesel car along with the bikes. This gathering should be very interesting with the great variety of machines and the winner will be determined by the rider who meets the requirements above and does it at the lowest cost for the 110+ mile ride. I wish I could have made it out there but I will be rooting for my buddies Craig Vetter, Alan Smith, Treven Baker and Fred Hayes. Will the electric bikes be able to keep up and go the distance? Will the diesel bikes win again as occured in at the Carmel Vetter Challenge? While the gasoline bikes surprise with a breakout performance? We'll find oun on July 22.
For more information on the event, the competitors and the efforts to achieve fuel independence from foreign oil check out Craig's website
www.craigvetter.com
all the best, Low& Slow