View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I don't want the trailer to push me, I want it to provide 95% of it's own forward propulsion, so you would feel some of the weight of the trailer behind you all the time but it would feel like a much lighter trailer then it is.
For example, I have a Burly brand bicycle trailer for behind my bicycle, it weights maybe 35-40 pounds, even with my 140 pound room mate in it it's not hard to tow on flat roads, but but that is about as much weight as I like to tow so say I want to haul lumber and tools behind my bike, or the idea of the larger trailer that could haul 1,000 pounds or more would work well for towing behind my civic vx as it's only rated to tow 1,000 pounds and any trailer has a bit of weight to it bringing the cargo weight down to 500 pounds or less.
The only time the trailer should push the lead vehicle is while it's braking, I would want a mechanical brake on the trailer along with the regen braking for this exact reason and with the programming of electric vehicle speed controllers the lag time you can program in should prevent the throttle from ramping up to quickly and running you over or pushing the vehicle side ways.