View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_man View Post
Hello all,

I found these pics online the other day and wondered if they had any merit or not. I just can't afford my re-designed bed cover yet as I haven't gotten back to work, but was trying to find a way to use the old cover in the mean time. I have never uploaded pics here so I hope this works.

The first two are what I am thinking about trying until work gets better. The last one is just plain silly in my untrained eyes. I would think the last pic would just make a bigger "hole" behind the truck.

I hope these are big enough to see.

Thanks.
My opinion is that this is a scam.The US Patent Office WILL issue patents for worthless s---.I believe that this is what is represented in the 'design'.
Too much has been investigated with respect to pickup truck aerodynamics to believe the airflow depicted in the graphic could ever occur.
As of 1981,Ford Motor Co. knew that as little as 10-inches of plywood,placed across the bed rails,in front of the tailgate,would show a mpg improvemet at the pump.
The quickest and cheapest thing you could do for fuel economy is to cover the back half of the bed only.Any way you can do it.